Analysis & Lab Equipment
Spex - X-300 Fluxer
The Katanax® X-300 fluxer is a next-generation electric fusion machine, providing exceptional flexibility for outstanding ease of use and unparalled results. It prepares glass disks (beads) for XRF instrument analysis and solutions for ICP/AA instrument analysis and can be used for preparing peroxide and pyrosulfate fusions. This multi-sample fluxer is available in 1, 2 or 3 positions, and can later be expanded adapting to the needs of today's modern laboratories. As a 3-position fluxer it can run three samples simultaneously.
The multi-lingual touch screen interface comes pre-loaded with various fusion programs that can be used as is, or customized for your particular protocol. Pre-loaded programs include: Oxide, Metal, Solution, Peroxide, Anneal and Ramping. Programs can be saved, renamed, deleted or copied, just like computer files. The interface also allows the user to control and monitor the temperature of the furnace.
- High Performance Furnace with heating elements impervious to flux.
- Integrated auto-locking safety shield protects the user during the fusion process.
- Easy-clean, ceramic mold holders. Mold holder system is user-configurable for 30, 32, 35 or 40mm molds.
- Low noise level during heating, melting and standby.
- Extraction chimneys allow for direct ventilation of halogens from each crucible position.
- The control panel adjusts to the user’s height and features a USB connection for firmware updates.