Analysis & Lab Equipment
Rigaku - Smartlab SE
The SmartLab® SE is a highly versatile multipurpose X-ray diffractometer with built-in intelligent guidance. It offers continued refinement of the original ease of use features that enabled the original SmartLab to receive the R&D 100 Award in 2006: automatic alignment, component recognition, cross beam optics and advanced photon counting hybrid pixel array detectors (HPAD).
Guidance expert system
SmartLab Studio II incorporates a built-in Guidance expert system that suggests the optimal hardware configuration and settings for specific application measurements. The software will determine which optics are most appropriate for a given application, determine the instrument settings and execute the measurement, delivering a completely automated measurement sequence. Since the SmartLab SE has built-in component recognition, Guidance will not only tell you how you should configure the SmartLab SE for a given measurement, it will also warn you if you have not configured it properly. Expert advice coupled with hardware that will confirm the correct configuration is the foundation of the SmartLab SE platform.
- SmartLab Studio II software based on a new architecturally integrated modular platform
Cross-beam optics module switches between Bragg-Brentano and parallel beam without the need to change optics.
- HyPix-400 2D detector enables seamless switch between 0D, 1D and 2D detection mode depending on application type.
- D/teX Ultra 250 1D detector accelerates powder diffraction by a factor of 250 in speed and provides adjustable energy resolution of approximately 20% or 4% depending on sample type.
- Integrated intelligent Guidance software enables fully automated measurement including optics and sample alignment.
- Self-aligned optics maximize instrument uptime and minimize cost of ownership.