6. May 2019
7 Questions Before Buying a Liquid Handler
Large, small, or somewhere in between, today’s labs are embracing automation as a means of carrying out ever more efficient and complex research. At the center of these automated work cells, the liquid handler is central to optimizing efficiency, achieving more reliable, repeatable results and increasing throughput.
If you’re preparing to invest in a liquid handling workstation, you’ve got a lot to consider. To avoid buyer’s remorse, ask yourself these 7 questions before making a final decision about the best solution for you
- Can the instrument accommodate your needs today and in the future?
- Can it be integrated with a wide variety of third-party devices?
- Are the system and software easy to learn and easy to use?
- Will your system support bi-directional data transfer?
- Does it include built-in safety features to protect your samples and prevent data loss if the unexpected happens?
- How will you maintain your investment?
- Is your vendor representative adding value to your decision-making process?
View the 7 questions explained in the full article from Beckman Coulter