RAMCON is hosting a seminar on NGS library preparation automation. We would like to take the opportunity to introduce the latest addition to the Biomek portfolio - Biomek NGeniuS, a dedicated platform for easy and secure NGS library preparation for a variable number of samples between 4 and 24, with the possibility of using different NGS kits. We will present user presentations that provide insight into everyday NGS work and the challenges and advantages associated with automation.
Selected NGS kit suppliers from Integrated DNA Technologies, Illumina, and Bionordika (NEB) are ready to present talks on the applications available on the NGeniuS platform, as well as inspiration and ideas for alternative solutions.
We will have the opportunity to demonstrate the NGeniuS hardware and go through the instrument's features. Finally, we will give a presentation on NGS and automation on our open Biomek platforms.
Time and location
Wednesday, May 17th 2023, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, followed by a light lunch.
RAMCON, Blokken 76, Birkerød 3460.
We have limited seats available, so register here today. Registration deadline is April 17th 2023.
- 9.00-9.15 Welcome
- 9.15-9.45 NGeniuS: presentation of Biomek NGeniuS for fully automated NGS library prep
- 9.45-10.05 Illumina DNA Prep, tagmentation -a fast, integrated workflow for a wide range of applications, from human whole-genome sequencing to amplicons, plasmids, and microbial species
- 10.05-10.20 Integrated DNA Technologies xGen cfDNA & FFPE DNA Library Preparation Kit - for highly complex variant identification from degraded and low-input research samples
- 10.20-10.40 Coffee break
- 10.40-11.00 User presentation: Rigshospitalet - Chimera monitoring; NGS library preparation on Biomek i5
- 11.00-11.20 NEBNext® Ultra™ II Directional RNA for RNA-seq experiments
- 11.20-11.40 Odense Universitetshospital og Svendborg Sygehus - Automatisering af klinisk driftsarbejde
- 11.40-12.00 Automation of NGS on Biomek i5 and i7 liquid handlers